” The best there is. In the tradition of the great New York acting coaches, Caryn knows how to interpret material and help me knock the ball out of the park at every audition! – EILEEN GALINDO
To book an session with Caryn:
- Go to the SCHEDULE PAGE
See whats’ best for you around any Studio Conflicts (RED) or Caryn’s other Conflicts (GREEN) P.S.T. time, then use the following link (this has proved much easier and faster than the back and forth of trading time slots on the phone)
2. Never email us for an appt, and especially last minute requests. We often do not see your email requests in time and Caryn may be in the studio coaching , the phone on SILENT. Worst Case, CALL OR TEXT and we will get back to you at our very earliest and try to fit you in: 818.693.4625
3. After requesting your COACHING HOUR, you will either receive a “Scheduling Confirmation” email and you are booked, or a “New Time Request for Coaching”, and once the hour is mutually agreed on the “Scheduling Confirmation” will be sent.
TO PREP FOR OUR SESSION:
PLEASE READ, DO THE FOLLOWING and Print Out for your appt. :
- Email the sides and full breakdown to email@example.com to study on her iPad, time permitting.
- Paypal below & get instant receipt or, bring Cash to session for $30/hr off
- Bring a Printed Second Copy of the sides for Caryn.
- Bring from your Agent or Manager: The complete CHARACTER BREAKDOWN (with all other characters listed and a storyline) As a Rule, ask your agents to send the all project info, not just your part’s description!
- Read the whole script if provided and IMDB research the writers & director so we know what is style/genre of their past work. Watch the show or trailer on the Network website, Youtube, iTunes or Hulu.com to get its world and tone.
- IF WE ARE PUTTING YOU ON TAPE:
Look over the CAMERA TAPING PAGE & find out from your Reps asap what encoded video specs they want and how we are delivering the takes.
FASTEST DELIVERY is by sending your reps the file as a condensed .m4v or putting it on your DROPBOX and giving them a link ( bring your Dropbox id and password)
- For tapings, MEMORIZE as much as you can in advance! (If its so last minute you can’t, we have a few cheats to help like using an iPad as teleprompter)
- Ways to Pay, Map and Parking tips below. LET’S ROCK! See you soon!
If you can’t get to the studio quickly, consider the SKYPE OPTIONS
FACETIME / SKYPE COACHING : Caryn now not only coaches in her West Hollywood studio or West End Ave place, but coaches online frequently to clients on both coasts and even Europe. Facetime on your Mac, iPhone or iPad are our preferences as it seems more consistent, set up is easier, I don’t have to wait for you, and the reception is rarely compromised even on LTE connections. ( Setup Facetime and then email firstname.lastname@example.org or Skype to id: carynwestcoach) PLEASE SET UP SKYPE AND TEST OUT BEFORE YOUR APPT. It takes about 30 minutes to configure. Free Download ) GMAIL CHAT is an alternative ( to email@example.com)
The Fee options:
You don’t need a PAYPAL account to pay, you can use a Debit or Credit Card and also have their option to PAYPAL CREDIT (Includes offers like No Payments + No Interest on purchases over $99 if paid in full in 6 months.)
STUDIO ADDRESS/MAP Caryn West’s Space for Actors
7506 Lexington Ave.West Hollywood, CA 90046
(just off corner of Gardner and Lexington, parking easiest on Gardner, Studio is at rear end of driveway / beige iron gate)
PARKING TIPS: !NO EVENING Non Permit parking (7pm -7am) on my LEXINGTON AVE . block between Gardner and Curson!However, Park anywhere on Gardner or Lexington (only between Gardner and Vista) is best, or Norton St (between Curson and Gardner) Other reliable alternatives are:
the Plummer Park parking lots (8am to 10pm at the intersections of MARTEL/ SANTA MONICA or VISTA / FOUNTAIN ) — and walk over 2 blocks
Avoid Astroburger or Fatburger parking lots as they are starting to tow.
Worst case, for coachings only you can park in front of my white gate in driveway for the hour.
Please call or text if you are running late.